Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Red Hot Stuffed Peppers

These peppers are INCREDIBLY tasty and definitely a household fav!!  It’s a full meal in a pepper cup.  I can eat 2 halves depending on the size of the peppers.  So when I make them I average about 1 large pepper per person.  This recipe is again, super easy and always a household pleaser.  I might make them tonight!  J


You will need to prepare Jes' Puerto Ri"CAN" Picadillo (Make it with a drier consistency by adding less tomato sauce and more chopped ingredients than the watery sofrito).

After you have prepared that, you will need:
·        Cooked rice of your choice.  (brown rice works really well here as it’s disguised by all the amazing flavors)
·        Shredded cheddar cheese
·        3 Large bell peppers (I prefer red for my recipe but you can use green, yellow or orange)

Cook the picadillo as directed in the link above.  Once that is done, add the rice and mix well.  Cut the bell peppers in 1/2, leaving the stem on them for looks and carefully carving out the seeds inside.  Stuff the peppers generously, top with cheddar cheese and bake in the oven on 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes (or until cheese has a golden brown color to it. (almost bubbling).  That’s all there is to it.

I pair this dish with one of my ultimate favorite wines, Cupcake’s, Red Velvet.  It goes really well together and the blends of red go down incredibly smooth.  I truly love this wine and hope you will too.


Hope you all enjoy this recipe & Bon Appetite!!

Happy Cooking!




No comments:

Post a Comment