Monday, July 23, 2012

Succulent Steak Dinner

This is one of my favorite steak recipes.  I made this dish in less than 20 minutes, however, the speed did not have the steak lacking in flavor. 

What you will need:
·         Tri Tip Steak
·         Mojo (I used Badia Mojo)
·         Adobo (to taste)
·         Black pepper (to taste)
·         Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning
·         Romaine (whole leaves)
·         Cherry tomatoes
·         Red Onion
·         Cucumber
·         A light vinaigrette of your choice (I use Kraft’s Roasted Red Pepper)


For this meal I used a Tri Tip Steak and it was very lean in my opinion, and this is how I seasoned it.  Place steaks in a shallow pan and pour the mojo over them.  Season with the adobo, black pepper and Mrs. Dash tomato basil garlic seasoning (which by the way is salt-free).  Let stand for about 10 minutes covered in the refrigerator while you prepare the salad.

For the salad I use prewashed, whole Romaine leaves and laid them on my plate whole.  I layered the cucumbers (sliced), cherry tomatoes (halved), and red onions (sliced rings) and then I added my dressing right before I got ready to eat.

In a very hot pan coated with olive oil, I placed the steaks to sear for about 2 minutes on each side.  Brush each seared side with the left over mojo while cooking the steak.  I like my steak a little on the rare side, so if you like it a little more well, adjust the time to your desire, keeping in mind not to dry the meat out.  Transfer to the meat to your place and let it rest for a minute or two before cutting into it.  This will allow the juices to flow through the meat.

Now all that’s left is to dig in!!  Hope you like this very simple succulent steak dinner.  “Buen Provecho”!






No comments:

Post a Comment