Thursday, August 2, 2012

My BASIC Sofrito

Why do I call is basic?  Because it is!  I keep it basic because I like to add a lot of chopped fresh veggies and herbs to my dishes and they change for each dish.  I don’t want to over-power the dish by adding way too much to the sofrito recipe and like it as my base.

Here is what you will need:
·       Two green bell peppers
·       2 white onions
·       A fist size amount of fresh cilantro leaves
·       2 whole heads of garlic (peeled)






Instructions: In a blender place all of the items above (chopped) with no more than a ¼ cup of water and liquefy.

I use sofrito when I cook ground beef, when I make soups, beans, yellow rice, spaghetti and pretty much in anything that will have a red sauce base.

GET CREATIVE AND HAVE FUN COOKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment